If you're interested in health promotion and have a bit of free time, volunteering is a great way to give something back and have fun. At NHS Kirklees, we're passionate about our volunteers. They allow us to provide an excellent service by enhancing the core work of the organisation.
There are a number of roles that you could do as a volunteer for NHS Kirklees:
- give practical advice, information and support
- manage allocation of resources
- work with others to make decisions about local health services
- taking part in public health activities and/or events
- promoting good health
People volunteer for lots of different reasons. Some of these include:&nb
- Helping make a difference in your community
- Feeling a sense of accomplishment
- Learning new skills
- Meeting new people
- Improving your CV
Volunteer support staff can help you to work out what volunteering matches your skills, expertise and interest.
Find out more
Contact Christine Stephen, Voluntary Sector and Volunteer Engagement Officer, on 07534 260943 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Broad Lea House
Bradley Business Park
Dyson Wood Way
Be a volunteer...whatever
- Whatever your background
- Whatever your age
- Whatever your employment status
- Whatever your level of disability
- Whatever your ethnicity or faith
- Whatever your sexual orientation
If you have an interest in volunteering for NHS Kirklees, where good health is our most important goal, then please contact us.
If you would like to volunteer but need advice on any benefits you may be claiming then a document entitled “Volunteering while on state benefits" is available from Christine Stephen.