Your Guide to local health services delivered direct to your door
‘Your Guide to local health services 2008/09’ provides a wide range of information about local NHS services, including information on:
- What the Primary Care Trust does
- The services we provide
- Tips on oral hygiene and looking after teeth
- Tips on healthy eating and a delicious smoothies recipe
- Advice on giving up smoking and contact details for the people who can help
- Advice on how you can become more physically active
- How you can get help with NHS queries – the Patient Advice and Liaison Service
- Information on the support available if you are suffering from a long-term or chronic health condition
- How we spent your money last year
- How you can get involved in improving health services
- A handy list of useful telephone numbers.
Rob Napier, Chairman of Kirklees PCT, said: “The six-page guide gives local people information about the organisation and the services we provide in Kirklees.
We want people to know about their local NHS services and hope they will find it interesting, informative and easy to read.”
‘Your Guide’ is being delivered to people’s homes in the Kirklees PCT area. If anyone doesn’t receive a copy, they can call the PCT on 01484 466172 or 01484 466214 or pick one up from the PCT offices at St Luke’s House, Huddersfield or Beckside Court, Bradford Road, Batley. The guide can also be downloaded from the PCT website at www.kirklees-pct.nhs.uk