Self care programme
What is Self care?
Self care is what we do to take good care of our health and well being and forms part of our daily lives which includes activities we do to:
- Stay fit and maintain good physical and mental health
- Meet our social and psychological needs
- Prevent illness or accidents
- Deal with minor ailments
- Manage long term conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, heart disease, breathing disorders
- Maintain health and well being after an episode of illness or when we leave hospital
The self care programme was developed with the aim of supporting people with long term conditions to access the right resources and support they need to manage their condition more effectively.
How can self care benefit me?
People who are supported to self care live longer, suffer less pain, anxiety and depression and fatigue and are more active and independent
Who do I contact for more information on the self care programme?
You can contact the Self care team on 01484 221 557 and speak to an advisor about the services that you would like further information on.